Click here to read our full Club Aviva/Empowering Steps COVID-19 Safety Plan
COVID-19 Update: October 29th, 2021
Update on Club Aviva vaccine policy:
We have received further clarification from Gymnastics BC, via Sport and the Provincial Health Organization regarding vaccines.
Effective immediately, all volunteers, support personnel, and individuals who are leading or assisting with program delivery in sport programs need to provide proof of vaccination to their gym clubs. This includes parents in parent and tot classes, such as Dynamic Duo and Little Leapers.
Therefore, we will be checking vaccines for all guardians/chaperones in all Dynamic Duo and Little Leapers classes beginning Saturday, October 30th, 2021. We will also maintain checking vaccines for all individuals 12+ (with the exception of class participants and athletes under 22) entering are building for any purpose including use of our washrooms. Please be advised spectators are still not permitted at Club Aviva.
For your information, Club Aviva implemented a staff/volunteer vaccination policy on October 1st, 2021 and all staff are vaccinated.
We have been told to expect changes in vaccine rules for class participants and athletes.
COVID-19 Update: October 17th, 2021
It was announced at Dr. Bonnie Henry's October 12th press conference that the provincial mask mandate has changed from individuals age 9+ to individuals 5+. This means that there will be more consistent mask requirements in the school system, and in other public spaces in BC (including in GymBC member clubs).
It is now required for athletes and participants over the age of 5 to wear masks in the common areas inside Club Aviva. Masks may be removed during gym activity.
As before, Empowering Steps clients with sensory, behavioural, or cognitive barriers to mask use are exempt from this mask mandate if necessary.
COVID-19 Update: September 8th, 2021
Important information regarding updated policies:
- There are no spectators permitted in our facility at this time. The only exception is essential support staff, or parents/caregivers if absolutely necessary to assist with behaviour. A mask must be worn at all times and it is preferred to have the same chaperone each week.
- For any adults entering the building: By order of the Provincial Health Officer (PHO), proof of vaccination is required to access some events, services and businesses. Starting September 13, you must have at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. By October 24, you must be fully vaccinated. The requirement is in place until January 31, 2022 and could be extended. This will apply to all adults.
- We are currently waiting for guidance from Gymnastics BC and Via sport for ages 12+ participating in sports.
- Please remember to stay home if you or a family member is unwell to keep everyone safe. Participants who are ill (cold, flu or showing any COVID-19 symptoms) must stay home. If a participant becomes ill or appears ill during their session, they will be isolated with a mask and the parent/guardian will be contacted for immediate pick up. Self assessment for COVID-19: https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
- Please continue to enter using the front door and sanitize hands upon entry
- It is mandatory for all participants age 12 and up to wear a mask in all common areas, and highly recommended for athletes under 12. Exceptions are permitted in cases of behaviour, sensory, or cognitive barriers.
- Clients do not need to wear a mask during their sessions/inside the gyms.
- Staff will continue to wear masks at all times during sessions.
- Updates will be posted on our website when new information is received from the PHO, via Sport and/or Gymnastics BC.